Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wrestling and Poker...

I'm looking to slowly get away from writing about poker, a passion of mine that will likely make me broke one of these days, and shift into a full-time wrestling site (http://wwerumorsandrants.blogspot.com will be this site's new address). Creatively, I'm just burnt out with poker, and don't really have much to offer that genre since it has been extremely difficult to fit poker into my day-to-day schedule. It's really not a big deal though, as most of the stuff I wrote was more about my poker experience than anything theoretical, so certainly the poker community will barely notice the tiny hole I'm leaving behind.

Anyways, I don't know why I suddenly am focusing most of my creative energy into wrestling. Maybe it's that everything that lead into Wrestlemania XXV and the backlash afterward has got my creative juices flowing again, or maybe it's just that there is so much to analyze and discuss now in the universe that is the WWE. Whatever it is, it's caused me to make my mind up to specifically devote this page to wrestling. I won't necessarily delete my old posts - although as of this post my site has apparently been taken over by a silly search engine that I can only imagine will give my computer an STD if I use it (which has now been fixed) - because maybe I'll suddenly get the moxie to write about poker some time in the future and rant and rave about that once again. So if you were one to pay daily homage to one of my many Phil Ivey-slurping, Doyle Brunson-sputtering posts, have no fear... my posts will still be here. But new poker posts will be no more.

... for now that is...

No comments: