Saturday, May 2, 2009

The OMGs, LOLs, and UGHs of the WWE

Today I'll be breaking down the OMG's, LOL's, and UGH's in the WWE. My apologies for those three categories, but I wanted to do something different from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" or "Yay or Neigh". You understand don't you?

OMG to the WWE's push of MVP.  I have a nagging feeling that it's going to get cheesy with Sheri Shepherd worshiping the very ground MVP walks on, but I'm still happy nonetheless. This guy is great on the mic, has a good repertoire of moves in the ring, and continues to improve as time goes on.  I'm sure we're in store for some good things from this man in the future.

LOL to Jeff Hardy getting another title match.  I like the guy, but isn't his contract running out in a couple months?  Couldn't his spot in that four-man battle royal gone to somebody who wants to be wrestling in six months - say, John Morrison, or even the Great Khali?

MEH to this fiasco that is the Santina Marella.  I don't know why, but for some reason Vince McMahon is obsessed with midgets and cross-dressers.  The run-in Santina and Hornswaggle had earlier this week must have wet our WWE Chairman's pants.

OMG at the tease of CM Punk cashing in the MiTB.  I like the way we were given a taste of it, but then had it taken away at the last moment surprisingly by Umaga.  I hope the new CM Punk-Umaga rivalry gives us a couple decent matches, similar to the way we got good matches from the Samoan's last significant rivalry with Jeff Hardy.

LOL at The Miz ragging on John Cena Monday night.  Look, I'm always up for a good Cena-bashing rant or two, but The Miz could only fit in one decent zinger - something about saying how he couldn't see Cena since his movies weren't in theaters long enough - that was sandwiched between the crowd's indifference to him.  The Miz is a very raw talent that I'm afraid isn't ready to tangle with the big dogs.  I would've much rather seen this spot to Mr. Kennedy, who can cut great promos as a face or heel without breaking a sweat.

MEH at Vladimir Kozlov's ground-breaking announcement that he's not only better than everybody on ECW, but that he also looks forward to world domination.  Hmmm... sounds familiar... who was the last guy to say the exact same thing over and over again just a couple months ago?  Oh yea, it was Kozlov.  This guy stands no chance at being entertaining one way or the other.

OMG at all three brands' heavyweight titles switching at Backlash.  I didn't order the PPV myself, since I figured it would be crap.  But hey, any PPV with Cena and Triple H losing the belts, not to mention Triple H getting taken out on a stretcher, is a good PPV in my book.  Kudos to Randy Orton, Edge, and Cristian.

LOL at John Cena coming out after Batista won the #1 Contender spot.  Was I supposed to be impressed by that?  If he was strong enough to come out then, why couldn't he at least acknowledge The Miz earlier in the show?

MEH at  the Superstars show.  If the company barely gives a damn about this show and books mid-to-low-card talent, why should I?

No comments: