Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Ticket to Meet Shannon Elizabeth (or so I thought)

Never in my wildest dream could I imagine, on one Monday morning back in September '07, that I'd not only win a pair of tickets to Vegas for free, but also score tickets to see the movie premiere of Deal, and get the chance to stalk meet Shannon Elizabeth.

It was just another usual Monday, and I was driving back from work. The radio was turned to 99.5, a very popular station in the DC-Northern VA area, and there was Shannon Elizabeth, doing an interview for her upcoming chick-flick-disguised-as-a-poker-movie Deal. Don't ask me why I didn't change the tuner to ESPN radio, my other go-to station, for I cannot give you an answer. Revoke my man-card if you wish.

Once the interview wrapped up, the hosts of the radio show AND Shannon Elizabeth announced that the next 50 callers would score two tickets to Vegas and the movie premiere of Deal. Immediately I flipped my phone open, getting ready to punch in the phone number as it was announced. During that time I was fumbling and fidgeting with my phone, apparently I missed out on the important part where they announced that this was for couples only. So when I called and they asked me who my significant other was, I gave the worst answer I've ever given off the top of my head: my mom.

Being that our last names were the same, the operator asked, "Are you married?"

"No, (our last names) are like 'Smith' where I'm from."

So yea, I may have been going on a trip with my mom, but I didn't care. Vegas is Vegas, and a free trip to Vegas is as good as it gets. Besides, if I had the chance to exploit my .00000000001% chance of getting into Shannon Elizabeth's pants, putting up with my mom for a week would be been worth it.

Anyways, I eagerly checked my mailbox every day after like a kid waiting for some cereal box mail-in toy. The days eventually turned into weeks, and the weeks into months. The credit card I gave the radio station may have been charged the "processing fee" of ten bucks, but the tickets never came.

Eight months have now gone by, and according to the Poker Girl in Vegas that movie premiere I supposedly won tickets to has come and gone. I'll never get to go on that trip to Vegas for free, and more importantly, I'll never get to roll the dice on that .00000000001% chance I had with Shannon Elizabeth.

No comments: