Thursday, May 29, 2008

I Think I Need Help...

I just placed five bets on the Scripps' National Spelling Bee with an equally sick friend:

1. Over/under 8.5 letters in the winning word: I took the under.
2. The gender of the winner: I took male with 3:2 odds.
3. Whether the winning child's home town is east or west of the Mississippi River: I took east.
4. Over/under 19 letters in the winning child's hometown + home state (with spaces not counting). I took the over.
5. What letter the winning word begins with: I took the letters 'A' through 'M'.

I don't know what's worse... the fact that I actually agreed to place a bet on the spelling bee, or the fact that my friend and I were able to come up with five things from the spelling bee to bet on.

Anybody have the number for Gambler's Anonymous?

No comments: