Thursday, May 29, 2008

Too Good to be True?


So a friend called me yesterday with an opportunity I thought I'd mention. He told me about this chick who, for a few days now, has been bugging him about attending one of her company's 90-minute presentations... you know, one of those presentations where they try to sell you something, and, supposedly, just in exchange for listening to the sales pitch you get a three-day vacation package?

Well, this company was offering packages to three different cities: Orlando, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas. My friend said, as soon as he heard this offer, he told that saleswoman that he wouldn't go to the presentation unless he could bring a friend (me). So now my friend and I are gearing up to go to the presentation this Saturday, naively (I can't stress that word enough) hoping there isn't any kind of catch to the offer that stops us from going. And even so, if it doesn't work out, I'll still be in Atlantic City next weekend with some friends, so I'll still get my live gambling fix one way or another.

No comments: