Thursday, May 8, 2008

Regarding the Name Change...

Yea, I know this is after-the-fact, but I changed this site's name earlier this week from "Home Away From Home" to "Wrestling and Poker".

I did this because I've lately begun to REALLY get into the WWE, and that has reflected on this site. A third of my content has been WWE-related, and I'm not planning to stop writing about it no matter how dumb you think it is (wrestling will get mainstream again... just you watch). So for those of you who visit this site for poker-related material, you'll still get that, but just not quite as often, as a third of my time will be spent dissecting the WWE.

FYI, I still like to think poker is my number one passion, and although I haven't played a hand in the last 10 days or so (due to finals), I still think about it a great deal. In fact, I have two strategy-related posts sitting as drafts, one titled "The Phantom Call" and the other named "Building Your Image Through Blind Defense". The former will probably be up within a week, and the latter I'll need some additional time to work on.

* * * * *

BTW, I've been getting a TON of hits on this site just for using the following picture in one of my posts:


Which brings the question, are my readers all closet-wrestling fans, or just hiding in the closet? Either way, you're my kind of readers. *wink*

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Hey yo. WWE will definitely go mainstream again. It's a cyclical business, and it's definitely on an uptick. I haven't watched regualarly in years, so I look forward to catching up with your posts. Good luck, sir.

CarmenSinCity said...

I went to a wrestling thing at the Baltimore Arena a long long time ago - I remember it was really fun.

StB said...

A year or so ago, there was a big conversation about pro wrestling (Ric Flair in paricular) in Vegas over dinner one night. It was funny because so many people admitted to watching wrestling.

ps The lights out thing is a damn good idea. Let's hope they don't take it too far.